Banner

Image Map

Thursday, March 15, 2012

FACEFACTS by Lori - A Product Review


FACEFACTS by Lori founded by Lori Hoffman in 2005. Only the finest ingredients are used, the entire line being 100% all natural, organic and cruelty free.  This ecofriendly and environmentally conscious cosmetics company brings a product line to the forefront with most luxurious ingredients and keeps our carbon footprint to a minimum.  I had the opportunity to sample several products from this company and I would like to share my thoughts and feelings on them. 


FACEFACTS Refreshing Shower & Bath Gel $25.50
INGREDIENTS:  ALOE BARBADENSIS (ALOE VERA), LEAF JUICE, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BEAINAMIDE MEA CHLORIDE, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSEM GLUCONOLACTONE, SOIUM BENZOATEM CITRUS PARADISI (PINK GRAPEFRUIT) OIL, CITRUS AURANTIFOLIA (LIME) OIL, BACKHOUSIA CITRIODORA (LEMON MYRTLE) OIL, CANANGA ODORATA (YLAND YLANG) FLOWER OIL, ZINGIBER OFFICINATE (GINGER) ROOT OIL, VETIVERIA ZIZANLOIDES (VERIVERT) ROOT OIL

This gel is created with some of the most hydrating and fragrant ingredients like Aloe Vera, citrus and flower oils.     The packaging is classy and would look lovely in any bathroom.  When I first pumped this body wash into my loofa, the incredible scent literally filled my shower.  I am a huge fan of all things citrus and when I say that this scent is among the finest I have ever smelled, I mean it.  For a brief second I didn’t know if I wanted to eat my loofa or wash with it!  The flower undertone is also mixed in.  This formula is an amazing combination of the two.  The bath gel created a rich lather and left my skin feeling invigorated.  There was no itchy residue on my skin, which is extremely important.  I left the shower feeling squeaky clean, moisturized, and with a lovely, light perfume to my skin.  This cleanser is a gem.


FACEFACTS Handcrafted scented soap- Pomegranate & Pear $7.50
INGREDIENTS:  SAPONIFIED OILS OF OLIVE, COCONUT, PALM AND GRAPESEED VITIS VINIFERA, SPRING WATER, ALL NATURAL POMEGRANATE PEAR FRAGRENCE OIL, GROUND MINERAL FOR COLOR (OXIDES).

This gorgeous soap looks like a marbleized bar of heaven.  The packaging looks as beautiful the soap itself.  The colors are comforting and soothing, almost so much that I didn’t want to open it.  Once I unpackaged it, I was happy I did.  The scent of this bar soap is so delicious that you want to take a bite right out of it.  I used this primarily as hand soap, this way I was able to use it quite often.  Unlike other popular name brand hand soaps, this leaves your hands extremely moisturized.  There was absolutely no need to use a hand cream after using this, which for me is a first.   The fragrance left on my skin after was soft and pleasant but in no way over powering.   Like the shower and bath gel, this too is a gem.  As a side note, my husband is currently obsessed with this bar, the rants about it with every use, and I agree.


Plum, Hazelnut and Burgundy
LIPFACTS Lip liner $10.99
INGREDIENTS:  HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, TALC, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, CETYL LAURATE, BEESWAX, STEARIC ACID, STEARLY STERARATE, TOCOPHEROL, CUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) EXTRACT, BISABOLOL (MAY CONTAIN CARMINE, RED IRON OXIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BLACK IRON OXIDE, YELLOW IRON OXIDE)

Plum, Hazelnut and Burgundy
The complete line of lip liners include five tones which all are incredibly beautiful.  I sampled three colors, Plum, Hazelnut and Praline.  This lip liner packaging is a beautiful metallic burgundy that really stands out and catches the eye.  The formula was the perfect softness to line the lips, not too soft where it’s difficult to use without overusing the product, and not too hard where you’d have to press into the lips to see the color.  I loved this lip liner, the color and texture is just perfect.


Soft Autumn, Bronze Shimmer, Ivory Frost,
 Almond Cream and Plum Brandy
LIPFACTS Lipstick $14.99
INGREDIENTS:  ALOE BARBADENIS LEAF EXTRACT, BEESWAX, CANDELILLA WAX, CANOLA OIL, CARNAUBA WAX, CASTOR SEED OIL. CHAMOMILE EXTRACT, COCOA BUTTER, COFFEE SEE OIL, GINSENG ROOT EXTACT, GRAPE SEED OIL, HINOKITIOL, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, JOJOBA SEED OIL, MEADOWFOA, ESTOLIDE, OLIVE OILE, POMEGRANATE SEED OIL, SHEA BUTTER, SORBIC ACID, SOY BEAN OIL, CITAMIN E, WHEAT GERM OIL, YLAND YLANG, ZENIGLOSS
*COLORANTS ARE 100% NATURAL: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES, MICA, CARMINE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, MANGANESE VIOLET.

Soft Autumn, Bronze Shimmer, Ivory Frost,
Almond Cream and Plum Brandy
The complete line of lip stick colors currently consists of eight beautiful and rich tones that, in my opinion, would look good on just about anyone.  I choose five colors, even though each would have been my pleasure!  The colors I received were Soft Autumn, Bronze shimmer, Ivory Frost, Almond Cream and Plum Brandy. The box each lipstick comes in is created with 100% renewable energy, i.e. wind power/green energy.  The paperboard is Elemental Chlorine Free and 100% recyclable.  The tube is a beautiful metallic maroon with the companies gold insignia.  “Extremely Elegant “ should be in their slogan along with “Naturally Elegant” if you ask me!   The lipstick has an extremely lovely earthy smell.  When applying it, you know you are putting the good stuff on.  The color is very pigmented and true to the color you see in the reference pictures.  These lipsticks have a matte finish with a creamy appearance.   My lips were very moisturized while using this product as well.  One thing that caught me by surprise was the longevity of the color.  This color lasted for hours and hours.  I applied this lipstick at 8:00am and the color lasted well into the afternoon hours.  I have to be honest, not being a chemist and all, I would have thought for a lipstick to be long wearing, you would have to use all sorts of chemicals to achieve this.  LIPFACTS shows us that this isn’t the case.  This line is free of parabens, petrolatum, mineral oil, and LEAD!  Long wear lipsticks have been known to contain high levels of lead as the FDA has recently warned us of as of late.   Overall, I’d say this lipstick is really awesome!

I am happy and honored to give a glowing report to this remarkable company. With quality products and an amazing dedication to our environment, I look forward to the future of FACEFACTS AND LIPFACTS. I am excited to see their increasing line, which will eventually include, CHEEKFACTS, HAIRFACTS, EYEFACTS, SKINFACTS AND BODYFACTS.

Check out the complete product line of FACEFACTS by Lori
and read up on this remarkable company at: http://www.facefactsbylori.com

I was sent all products mentioned in this article at no personal cost.  I was not paid to write this review and all statements made by me are my own, and completely honest.

Check me out at

No comments:

Post a Comment