Banner

Image Map

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Natural, Light & Beautiful


What is more beautiful than natural looking, clean, radiant skin? Nothing, that’s what, at least in my opinion anyways.  When I leave the house there are a few things I don’t like to leave without, aside my keys.  My cosmetic staples include mascara, lipstick and foundation.  Even though I love my variety of foundations, I am not always in the mood to wear anything heavy.   As a matter of fact, the more light weight, the better.  I have compiled a list of my favorite tinted moisturizers, along with a few other products, varying from drug store to high end.  ENJOY!


e.l.f. Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - $3.00
INGREDIENTS:
ACTIVE: Benzophenone-3, Ethylhexyl Isopalmitate, Titanium Dioxide.
INACTIVE: Water, Mineral Oil, Cyclomethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Steareth-21 Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-2, Glyceryl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparabem, Tocopherol (VE), Retinyl Acetate (VA), Ascorbyk Palmitate (VC), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

I love e.l.f., let me start by saying that.  This company provides a tremendous variety of products starting at the cost of only $1!  One day I came across the e.l.f Tinted Moisturizer while browsing through their display in Target.  For only $3, I knew I had to try it. This tinted moisturizer has 7 shades ranging from Porcelain to Espresso.  I purchased two colors, Porcelain and Beige, not knowing which would be best.  Once blended, the combination of both colors matched my skin tone perfectly. The aloe, cucumber and vitamin E in this product makes it very moisturizing and leaves a nice sheen to the skin but it provides very minimal coverage.  You can build this product to increase coverage if needed, but if you need a medium coverage, you may wind up using the entire bottle! I found that this product needed to be blended into the skin quite a bit to avoid streaks.  The texture is completely decent for the cost, but it can seem a bit watery. There is a very strong sunscreen fragrance with this product.  The smell tended to stay with me for quite sometime throughout the day, which for me is a big negative.  If the sunscreen smell doesn’t bother you, then this is an absolutely must try product, you can’t lose for the cost.



Neutrogena healthy skin SPF 20 1.0fl.oz - $12.49
Active Ingredient:
Titanium Dioxide 6.6%
Inactive Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Talc, Cyclohexasiloxane, C 12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl 4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Boron Nitrate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Stearoxymethicone Dimethicone Copolymer, PPG 12/SMDI Copolymer, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Silica, Soymilk Powder, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Flower Extract (Feverfew), Quaternium 90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Silica Silylate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), Aluminum Starch, OctenylSuccinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Disodium EDTA, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl P Cresol, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides, Fragrance

This product is the only traditional liquid foundation that made it on my list. This foundation comes in 12 shades ranging from Classic Ivory to Tan. Neutrogena healthy skin has a very light, non-greasy feeling and provides a light to medium coverage.  If you need a bit more coverage, this can be built up as well.  I love the smell of this product, there is a faint scent of citrus and it doesn’t smell like makeup at all.   The texture is really silky and when I apply it, it doesn’t take much to blend in to look fabulous.  In my opinion, the only draw back to this product is the packaging.  Since this product is so loose, if you aren’t careful, spills are very likely.  Id’ love to see Neutrogena add a pump to this bottle to avoid waste, then, this would be perfecto.


GARNIER Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream SPF 15 - 2.5fl.oz - $12.99
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: OCTINOXATE 4% ( I had a hard time finding the ingredients of this product, very strange)

This BB Cream is the newest product on my list to hit the market.  Garnier released this “Beauty Balm / Blemish Balm” just a few months ago but it is already all the rage.  BB Creams were originally formulated in Germany but were mainly sold in Asian markets.  This product is intended to prevent acne, wrinkles, and to even out skin tone.  I absolutely love everything about this BB cream.  The smell is typical of Garnier, which is very fresh, citrusy and floral.  The cream instantly absorbs into the skin leaving it firmer and healthier than before, providing a light coverage.  There are currently only two shades, which are Light/Medium and Medium/Dark.  The limited color variety is a draw back, however, with amazing ability to blend and adapt, I don’t think Garnier will be affected by it. Overall, I’d say this BB Cream is pretty amazing.

The Balm – Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturizer SPF 18 – 2.15fl.oz - $25.00
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate, Octisalate, Avobenzone<br><b>Inactive Ingredients</b>: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diilsostearate, PEG-40, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, PEG-20, DEA-Cetyl Phosphate, Hesyl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methlparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Carbomer, Allantoin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Titanium Dioxide, C1 77891. May Contain: Iron Oxides, C1 77492, C1 77499
This tinted moisturizer is the most recent addition to my collection.  I am a tremendously huge fan of The Balm, and I was eager to try this product.  I love the clever names The Balm gives it’s products, which I feels sets them aside from other companies.  “Balm Shelter” has a creamy and rich texture which blends beautifully into the skin.  Even though this claims to be a tinted moisturizer, I’d say it almost boarders on a light/ medium coverage liquid foundation. Similar to the e.l.f. product, Balm Shelter smells like sunscreen, BIG TIME!  This is not an inexpensive item like e.l.f., so for me, the smell is less forgivable.  When I purchased this product, it was on sale at a deep discount so I can overlook this drawback.  With that being said, I don’t know that I’d be paying full price for it.   




Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 1.7fl.oz - $42.00
INGREDIENTS:
Nude: Active Ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate and Menthyl Anthranilate. Other Ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.


Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - Illuminating SPF 20 1.7fl.oz - $42
INGREDIENTS:
Bare Radiance:  Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

I am honored to introduce you to the finale and the grand poobah of all tinted moisturizers! Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer is my all time favorite; el numero uno, the big cheese…you get the point.  Even though this is the most costly of all the products listed, this is absolutely worth every single penny.  I switch back and forth between the original formula and the illuminating formula depending on which look I want to achieve.  When I want a natural and dewy look, I go for the original formula.  When I want a show stopping radiance along with a dewy finish, I go for the illuminating formula. (Show stopping isn’t always a great daytime look).  If I were to wear a base product on my face seven out of seven days in a week, five of them I’d be wearing one of these tinted moisturizers.  The original formula offers 10 shades ranging from Porcelain to Mocha. The Illuminating formula offers 5 shades, ranging from Bare Radiance to Bronze Radiance.  Both the original and illuminating formulas offer light but strong coverage.  This product is a must have, but if you aren’t convinced, go to Sephora and get yourself a sample!!  You’ll thank me, I promise you. 

All of the above products are great for evening out skin tone, locking in moisture and brightening your look. I know I ranted on a bit about the Laura Mercier product (clearly my favorite) but I do favor all of these, just some more than others.  If you haven’t tried any of these products and you’re on the market for something like it, give any one of these a try.  These are my feelings, and in the end, only you can be the judge what’s best for you.

All of these products were purchased with my own money and the opinions given were my own & totally honest!

Check me out on YouTube!  www.YouTube.com/user/SammysMakeupCorner

No comments:

Post a Comment